I am getting wrecked (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 03, 2017, 07:38 (2609 days ago) @ CyberKN

I don't know if there's some obvious thing I'm missing (gear, tactic, etc.), but every enemy seems to be super tanky now. Most fights (with the rare awesome exception) devolve into me hiding in a spot they can't reach and pelting them with ~100 arrows over the course of a couple minutes.

Maybe you're farther than I am as well, but I'm playing on Hard and don't have any issues with enemies...
The only thing that I can think of is that you might have bought a bow that does high elemental damage, but low physical damage, and you're using normal arrows with it... or you keep firing elemental arrows at an enemy that has a resistance to them.

The toughest enemy that I've fought was the Fire Bellowback boss located in Sigma Cauldron, and he went down with about 40 arrows and a handful of traps.. Be sure to use your focus to scan each of an enemy's weakpoints, as different spots have different weaknesses and resistances, and some shoulder be prioritized over others (don't bother with a Scrapper's radar if you can target the rear canister, for example). Also, be sure to read the stats on a weapon before you buy it, because they all have trade offs (such as the aforementioned bow) and put Mods on them.
And don't just use your bow, you pick up tons of traps (D-pad) and resources for elemental weaponry (such as Shock bombs for the sling), so use them often.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread