PS4 gets early beta access is only turning me away (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 23, 2017, 18:36 (2590 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'm really curious how much of the player base actually bought an entire console just to get the extra content. Because, no offense to those people, I would never do that. I might, however pay money to get that particular content on top of what I bought.

Well, at least one. Considering I had neither an Xbox One nor a PS4, I picked the PS4 based on getting the best version of Destiny.

I was referring to changing consoles, not picking to buy one over the other when getting a game.

I can understand what you are saying for Destiny, but in the case of Destiny 2, what is the profit margin? Unless the deal with Sony was for the entirety of Destiny.

There are still a lot of people out there who haven't bought a next-gen console. Or people who have an Xbox, and are maybe interested in picking up a PS4 and are looking for reasons to talk themselves into it.

That's why Sony and Microsoft still battle over exclusive content. That's why Sony and Microsoft are both releasing half-step console revisions. There are still millions of potential customers out there weighing their options, so every reason Sony can add to the list helps them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread