exactly

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, August 09, 2013, 04:04 (3916 days ago) @ kapowaz

It also has to do with different strokes for different folks.

Some people like to collect bugs in real life, some people don't. Same goes for playing ACNL.

I have a casual disinterest in "becoming more powerful" outside of my own skills, but do find playing around with new gameplay concepts, "oh this gun shoots LIGHTNING, but has a really small clip, I'll see how it fits my play style".

People like to strut around with shoulders they've secured from raiding and that's all well and good. But I doubt that the things I'll be discussing with my group of friends years down the line will involve any 'loot' we find in Destiny. Instead I'm confident that it will involve situations like this, this, this, or even this. Really though, had a rather whimsical evening reviewing those clips with my first pick for my Destiny fireteam (I mean seriously, that rocket somehow missed that mongoose, hill, AND NAILED that packed warthog).

If the player investment systems that Bungie are working on bring even MORE players into the world my friends and I play in, that is exciting and awesome, I look forward to making new memories with my fellow guardians. The moment those 20s rolled over the hill and participated in the public event at E3 I felt like Bungie was nodding in my direction saying "those numbers aren't going to get in the way of you playing with your mates, old and new alike".

Ah, now I am all excited.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread