Phrasing

by Avateur @, Saturday, August 10, 2013, 22:34 (3914 days ago) @ Leviathan

Though, for some reason I thought I was going to find a weird, metaphorical, Schrodinger's Cat game design debate... I wouldn't put it past DBO.

So Master Chief and the Halo franchise is in a Dyson Sphere. That Dyson Sphere also happens to be the Traveler. 343 thinks they're in control of their own IP now, but in actuality it's really just running around in Bungie's new creation. But if we can neither see in nor see out of the Traveler, is Halo actually in there? Is 343 and Halo succeeding and thriving, or is it the fact that Bungie's Destiny is generating massive hype and pre-orders? If Destiny fails, does Halo die, or does it still live? Both?

Wait. You said game design.

Uh. Joe Staten is in the Traveler while simultaneously writing how the Traveler and Destiny will play out over the next decade. He writes himself into the real world to give cryptic interviews. He's not the real Joe. But how do we know he's not the real Joe without being able to look inside the Traveler to see if he's actually in there or not? Maybe we, and this very thread, are a product of his writing as he attempts to free himself of the box he has written himself into.

If a Guardian falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does the forest even exist?

What are we talking about again?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread