"We want to unhide the fun of destiny..." (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 19:06 (2529 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm perfectly fine with a cheesy sci-fi world with cliche characters and a dumb plot. But when that gets sold to me as a grand epic with characters that I'll really care about and a story that will really pull me in, that's when I need to raise my hand and say "uh... guys?".

Coming at it from a marketing angle.

What are they supposed to do? "Hey guys...get ready to play the O.K.est game of the year. It's got a mediocre story and characters that will make you say 'meh' at best!" They are trying to sell copious amounts of a product, so they are obviously going to talk it up.

On the flip side, when watching some of their vidoc style videos (kind of like the ones they showed during the reveal) a lot of the interviews just seemed sterile. Following the idea of "If you aren't excited about your product, why should I be?" When the people talking about it are passionate about what they're doing, it comes across. I get way more excited about something when they are saying "Here is why I love it" as opposed to "Here is why you will love it". Don't tell me what to think, I'll make that conclusion myself. And if I don't love it...you failed me. But if you are excited about it and tell me why, then I look forward to experiencing what you have.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread