"We want to unhide the fun of destiny..." (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 19:21 (2530 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by ManKitten, Tuesday, May 23, 2017, 19:38

Or they could do what they did with Halo 2 and pretty much let the game speak for itself.

::LATE EDIT - I'm not sure if your comment is positive or negative towards H2...considering it was riddled with glitches and gave us the most disappointing ending in history. Now back to the original comment below.

Time between Halo 1 and Halo 2 are totally different atmospheres than what we are in now. They didn't NEED to say anything for Halo 2. Halo 1 was a juggernaut and the new golden standard for console FPS games, action games, and story telling in games. (correct me if I'm wrong, but) Didn't Halo 2 release sales break all the records? Including global movie release numbers?

Destiny was to be the next blockbuster from Bungie, their re-introduction to the world after leaving Microsoft. The hype machine was burning coal faster than a mine could produce it...and it fell on its face (reception wise, not sales). They've been trying to get the train on the tracks ever since.* So going into Destiny 2, they've got a battle on their hands to under promise and over deliver while getting people excited about but not too excited to burn the people that are giving them "one more chance."

The die-hards (which you probably are, if you're reading this) are going to buy, play and love the game regardless. They've got to win back the "game du jour" players.

*[addendum edit - I've never actually felt this way personally, it just seems to be the general consensus across fan base and media.]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread