Raid Lairs - I hate inventing a word to describe something (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 14:56 (2366 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Apparently a "Raid Lair" is not a "Raid" though it does allow for 6 players at once, which makes it "Raid Content."

Reserving judgement but my initial reactions are:

-Nobody wants raid Lairs instead of raids. In addition sure, but not a replacement.
-People like to raid in new places. Why are we not raiding on Mercury given the story?
-You have three studios working on this game, so lack of resources is an unacceptable excuse for a lack of raid.
-We should move forward and not revisit old stuff. We should be done with Calus' ship.

Bungie, please just use real, already existing terms to describe things. Using made-up things as selling points is tantamount to saying your expansion will have 3 Whosamawhatsits! And a Gizmojigger! One Persplunken! Collect 5 sets of Pishposh!

This is par for a company who could not say "MMORPG with FPS Elements" or possibly "Multiplayer RPG with FPS elements". I still don't know if 'shared world shooter' accurately describes Destiny's genre.

New terms and unclear labeling is a sign something is being hidden or smoothed over.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread