Raid Lairs - I hate inventing a word and not describing it (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, November 16, 2017, 12:35 (2366 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The problem is the amount of time it takes to complete will vary by a lot. My regular raid group has finished Leviathan in less than an hour of actual play time, but we've also taken 3+ hours even when we know all the encounters. Sure some guy's group finished it in under 30 minutes, but some people finished Crota's End in under 7 minutes. Time length of activities in video games, especially ones as challenging as the Raid, are almost impossible to give. Just go look at estimated lengths for campaigns. Even the crowd sourced "how long to beat" varies by HUGE amounts for games with hundreds of people entering their times. If you look back Bungie hasn't for a long time given time estimates, and I doubt they'll start with a Raid Lair.

The question of amount of space is even less meaningful to describe anything you'd see in the final game. In Crota's End you run through an encounter space that's really large at the very beginning of the Raid, but you only experience a tiny percentage of it for a very short amount of time.

I honestly don't think that any of the questions you bring up, while important, can be adequately and accurately answered without actually SHOWING the content, something we know for a fact they won't do. It's totally fine to want answers to them, and you can even wait until the content comes out, see what other people think and then decide whether or not to purchase it, but not answering those questions is not in anyway being deceptive.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread