Raid Lairs - I hate inventing a word to describe something (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 16:14 (2367 days ago) @ Korny

Apparently a "Raid Lair" is not a "Raid" though it does allow for 6 players at once, which makes it "Raid Content."

Reserving judgement but my initial reactions are:

-Nobody wants raid Lairs instead of raids. In addition sure, but not a replacement.

I do. And I know for sure that my brother does. I've shown him and have tried raids with him. He hates raids, but loves Horde modes, Nightfalls, platforming, etc.
I want variety. I want extended platforming sections. I don't want more coordination-heavy events or damage window bosses.

I liked Prison of Elders despite its flaws. I want ODST's Firefight in D2. I want them to expand the existing planet's patrol areas (the Lake of Shadows strike even has a large explorable area that is not used at any point in the game, so it looks like Bungie will be doing this in the future).

I'd like to point out that we have no idea what a "Raid Lair" is. How do you know you want it? It could literally be several coordination-heavy events followed by a damage window boss. That's my concern. By inventing a term they tell us nothing about what to expect.

-You have three studios working on this game, so lack of resources is an unacceptable excuse for a lack of raid.

You act as though having a raid for every expansion should be mandatory. I'm glad that Bungie and their fellow devs know better than to do that.

Completely solid point. I would actually prefer if each xpac was widely varied in the type of content it delivered rather than being a paint-by-numbers deal.

-We should move forward and not revisit old stuff. We should be done with Calus' ship.

Wrong again, IMO. I want them to continue to refine things that work. I want them to bring back old armors, unique D1 exotics, and eventually I hope that we can revisit the Dreadnaught, Dead Space 2 style.

Both of these sound good to me. I like the nostalgia of revisiting an old place and the thrill of exploring a new one. Why not both? I don't think there needs to be a "right" or "wrong" when it comes to what you enjoy in a video game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread