Let's talk about the first half of the stream (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 21:19 (2366 days ago) @ CougRon

I'm stoked for the Lighthouse and the Infinite Forest. The glyph wall as an in-game-world means of tracking your activities, as well as that being linked to your ability to forge items (unclear which, but they seemed to say the pistol was a forged weapon, so if I had to guess I'd imagine each node would be for a different weapon type). They didn't get into what forging actually means: Do you just get a weapon called "Forged Whatever" that has fixed stats, or do you have some actual control over the perks, mods, base type, etc. of the forged item? I want to know more.

Beyond that, this glyph wall, like the flaming statues in RoI, is a place where your actions in game are having a visible tracker within the context of the game, and I like that. I hope there's more of it.

Okay, the Infinite Forest. When moused over at the Director, it said something to the effect of "Branching Paths" or something (I don't remember exactly what the time was when I saw it so I can't find the exact quote and for that I apologize). Lore-wise, this is the vex simulation of reality that allows them to seek out possible futures and choose the right path to achieve their goals. Gameplay-wise, we'll be exploring a past, present, and future bit of mercury depending on what missions we're on etc... I like the concept a lot.

Also that warlock armor looked cool. I hope the Hunter gear is as good.

There honestly was a lot more being added than I expected, outside of the "Raid Lair" content that I'm skeptical of. Mercury as a playable patrol zone is great (and I was pleased that they discussed how the Almighty had been dismantling the planet for fuel; it annoys me that the final cutscene of the game shows Mercury as a whole world rather than the semi-broken apart world it was just a few cutscenes earlier). Plus there's a new campaign series that unlocked a whole new host of things to do upon completion. Good stuff, and reminds me of TTK's non-raid stuff more than any of the other xpacs we've seen (which, imo, was the best one).

I'm pretty excited for what they showed today. Hoping to get clarity about the Raid Lair next stream.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread