Tomb Raider (spoils) (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 14:05 (2244 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 14:25

A few questions for ya:

What reasons do you think it was bad? Did it:

Didn't really want to post a ton of spoilers before Friday, but if you insist.

Right from the beginning nothing made sense to me. Don't accept your inheritance because you don't want to believe your dad's dead, but then don't really make a huge effort to find him or anything? Uh huh. Nathan Drake was charming and a pleasure to watch. this Laura Croft was… not. For me, the flashbacks weren't really that effective at deepening her character. Also, for all the talk about female power and badassery, she was being saved by everyone else really often, and always crying.

Remember when I thought zombies in Uncharted were stupid? It's equally dumb here. I don't care if they aren't 'real' zombies, it's still stupid. You can pretty much predict everything that's going to happen with her father right from the start.

• Have a bad plot?

Not bad, but just predictable. It's all played very straight, instead of being a little fun about it given it's all so similar to Uncharted / Indy. Archaeological find with a 'curse' explained scientifically? Yawn. At least in Indy they were real 'magic'.

[*]Have bad acting?

Not really bad, just passable. Nathan Drake and Wonder Woman were fun to watch. I just couldn't get invested.

[*]Have bad graphics?

Sort of. The CG work was not the best.

[*]Have bad sound mixing?

Actually decent.

[*]Stray too far from Tomb Raider (2013) which it seemed to be inspired by?
[*]Stick too close to Tomb Raider (2013) which it seemed to be inspired by?

Only played it for an hour before giving up, so I can't comment.

[*]Have a bad ending? Editing?

Yes, holy shit. Hard to tell if it was bad directing and staging and they were making up for that, but everything was cut quickly and chaotic. Even something like Atomic Blonde was way better in this department.

[*]Did you actually see the movie?

I did!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread