New Tomb Raider games are easily the third best game series. (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 17:40 (2244 days ago) @ Korny

Currently.

Destiny, LIS, Tomb Raider. Those two games were awesome.

I'm all for personal opinions, but... You need to play way more games, man...

Tomb Raider alone:

Better characters and writing? Uncharted series.
Better gameplay, plot, visuals, quests, everything? Horizon Zero Dawn series (I know, one game and a standalone expansion don't make a series, but, it's 2-for-2 on great releases, so...)

Heh. That, like, just your opinion, man. I’ve played through both the modern Tomb Raiders multiple times and enjoyed the heck out of them. HZ:D was... good. But it got tedious to me after a while. I never finished. And I finish pretty much every single game I start.

That said, while Rise of the Tomb Raider was a fairly big letdown, Tomb Raider was easily one of my favorite games of the last generation, so this film was one that I was sure not to get excited for. Sucks to see the reboot series stagnate so quickly, when they got off to a phenomenal start...

I think Rise’s story was slightly weaker, (mainly why did this undead army stay around their ruins without an island keeping them in place?), but to say it stagnated the series is crazy talk! Rise had excellent gameplay, some nice open world components, is still one of the best looking games around, and had both a strong wrap up and tease at the end of the main game, and a fun, detailed side story in the DLC surrounding Lara Croft’s mansion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread