Witcher (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 14, 2018, 16:58 (2243 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It seems widely acknowledged that Witcher 1 & 2 had some quality points and perhaps good story beats, but it wasn’t until Witcher 3 that everything really came together. I can personally attest to this in that Witcher 2’s tutorial was so bad that I quit then deleted the game.

I’d urge you to reconsider and give it another shot. And I’m the guy that absolutely hates slow or bad beginnings to games (The Order 1886, MGS V). The Witcher 2 does a lot right, arguably even better than TW3. The levels are amazingly detailed and interesting, in particular. Nothing in TW3 quite matches the Flotsam forest.

But Witcher 3? It is probably my pick for “game of the generation” and near the top of my “top games of all time ever” list. If you never played it because the other two didn’t feel right, go and try 3. It’s scope and scale in both it’s world and story are just a bit beyond any other game I’ve played.

Ditto. I suspect that HZD doesn’t feel quite right to me in part because I’m always still thinking about The Witcher 3.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread