Forsaken: Expanding the universe of Destiny. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 04, 2018, 20:36 (2081 days ago)

There's no real spoilers in this post, but if you haven't started Forsaken and really want to be completely fresh, maybe skip it until you're a few hours in.

I'm not too far in yet. Still working on the first five bounties for The Spider.

I'm already very impressed, and if Forsaken continues like this, I'll be extremely pleased.

Forsaken already feels like it has done more to expand the Destiny universe than almost anything before it, along with making the universe feel more "real." The Spider has a large part to do with this, I think. He feels like a Star Wars character or something. The inclusion of what amounts to a gangster with a hit list, and the uneasy alliance between him and us and Petra (who is still awesome), feels like what I always wanted Destiny to be. This a universe with real characters, not just our Guardians killing nameless enemies. There is a huge world out there, beyond the Last City, real people doing real things, with their own goals. The few lore cards I've opened up about Uldren and the Crows help with that too (and that's a side I wish we actually had been able to see more. The animosity between Guardians and his Crows seems like it could have been a really cool thing to explore in game).

I don't know exactly what it is, what makes it feel so good, but in the few short hours I've spent with Forsaken, I've been enthralled with the world they're building, and that's the first time I've really been able to say that in a long time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread