In any case . . . (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 08:48 (2080 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I get where you’re coming from but I disagree. I love that sort of stuff, and I wish Destiny had more of it. It’s a good way to keep old spaces relevant, and makes the world feel alive and real. It’s the roaming packs of wolves taken to the next step and I think it’s great.

I’m any case, those, i was speaking specifically to his character and the way that stuff is all presented. I just think we need more named, interesting characters with motivations. We’re in his lair, and he’s a crime boss—it makes sense that he’s always there, giving us bounties and orders basically. All the other vendors feel lifeless by comparison, just because their motivations for being where they are don’t really feel great. It feels weird for them to always just be standing in the same spot, and that’s not true for the Spider. It feels natural.

But more than that, his motivations feel real. He feels more like a real character in a good way, and not just menu flair like the rest of the vendors. It’s hard to articulate what I mean, I guess.

I just like seeing this sort of grittier side of the Destiny universe, and the knowledge that there are different factions out there with their own reasons for being, and it’s not necessarily just Guardians vs. the Universe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread