Leveling, soft caps, resets. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 09, 2018, 10:39 (2059 days ago)

Do we know what the deal is with all this?

Reports on reddit seem to indicate that there isn't just one soft cap, but several. Doing the daily and weekly challenges will get you to 520. If you do them after that, the powerful engrams will only be +1 over your current power level. The next step will involve running Nightfalls, which gets you to 540, with the same thing happening to those powerful engrams after you hit 540. The next step will be the Dreaming City, up to 560, with the Raid and Prestige Raid rounding out 580 and 600.

Prime engrams seemingly can drop at anytime. The buff increases your chances, but you can still get more after the buff is gone, apparently.

That's all unconfirmed, based on what has happened to folks that got to 520 and their Powerful Engrams started dropping at only +1 power level.

On a related note, what's the deal with the Flashpoints? Bungie said before that they would be reset on four day rotations, but that appears to have not happened. However, I know for a fact that I have done the Flashpoint twice. I did it for a Powerful Engram before the final campaign mission, and then I did it again the following day for another drop. Does it reset when you hit the level cap for some reason? Did the Flashpoint actually reset during that time (reddit says it hasn't reset yet since Tuesday).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread