Leveling, soft caps, resets. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, September 10, 2018, 07:11 (2058 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Korny, Monday, September 10, 2018, 07:55

I just came across Cosmo's positive reply to this post where someone was trying to set the record / expectations straight on why the next reset won't be a proper one.

Two things about that. Not only do we get Cozmo’s typical “how can I communicate with as few words possible (if any at all)” post, but nothing explaining this on official channels outside of a short tweet and update to the list of “known issues”. Nothing phrased as “the issue is”, or “to be clear”, or “we can’t do anything about this because”. It’s poor communication, especially for something that’s going to affect the entire playerbase, and at a time where leveling up is at a premium.

Secondly, is it just me or did Cozmo’s “positive reply” seem like a cop-out? Maybe it’s just that he always sucks at communicating despite it being his job, but someone makes an oddly detailed post in defense of Bungie and a possible reasoning behind what’s going to happen, and Cozmo replies with a terse “yes it’s a bug”, as opposed to any official or unofficial info about their day-long investigation and results. And Bungie really has absolutely no control over the rewards for next week? Who’s flying this thing?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread