Leveling, soft caps, resets. (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 06:01 (2057 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I really hope Bungie takes harsh action against people who actively try to cheat the system. Getting into a raid before it is said to come out and getting gear from it... that's kinda black and white to me. Sure, you can argue that they were just exploring, which I fully endorse. But if you get to a section that doesn't spawn enemies and has a chest that obviously gives you raid gear... I feel like if that was me, I would delete the gear on the spot. But I don't know, that's just me and I feel like I'm an honest player.

I don't want this to condone people who are explorers or even people who glitch into locations, but do try and get into a world that is ready, but hasn't be opened yet... have some dignity people!

I honestly don't have a problem with it. Exploring out of bounds has always been a thing, especially with Bungie games. They know it's going to happen. If someone happens to find a chest, then more power to them. They didn't hack anything, or "grief" other players (ala superbouncing in PvP to snipe or hide the oddball).

Bungie can see the collections and who has what gear, they could just say "anyone with raid gear before the raid drops is disqualified from world's first." IMO, that is the worst that should/could happen.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread