fool me once, fool me twice, fool me thrice (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 08:06 (179 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No blaming MS, Activision or Sony. This rests solely on the shoulders of the top-execs at Bungie.

Such naivety. Every single time Bungie get acquired, they long for independence because parent corporations always push changes they eventually hate. MS was probably their best "parent" in retrospect. I'm just dumbfounded that they spent as much time and effort into becoming independent only to run back into the fold of another entity.

What a bunch of BS for these employees. I wish all the best for each of them as they rebuild their lives and dreams.

When Microsoft bought Bungie, many people were looking to be out of a job. Everyone from publishing for example, would no longer be needed. You know what Alexander Seropian did? As part of the deal, he MADE Microsoft give interviews to all these people for some position somewhere in the company. He made sure everyone at least had a shot at a job.

Good guy Alex.

Didn’t this Sony deal include lliterally a billion dollars explicitly for employee retention?

If it did, then they don't know how to spend a billion dollars.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread