I hate to do this, but I've got to be negative for a second. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, November 06, 2023, 08:06 (174 days ago) @ squidnh3

I definitely don't agree with this sentiment. Without PvP I would likely have moved on from Destiny a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned PvP kept this game alive through quite a few content droughts, and has been very playable with a few notable time period exceptions when certain abilities or weapons veered into the "silly" zone rather than just very powerful. I will agree that Bungie's "adjustments" are just as likely to make things worse as they are to improve them.

I remember how Halo's PvP was designed as a party game essentially. I feel like that contributed the most to its success - the game was pick up and play and you could have fun just messing around with your friends, but you could also git gud if you wanted to. That's why I think a lot of people stuck around!

I feel like Destiny got that PvP party mode thing right from the start. And it was a blast! But it seems like as time went on, a lot of the party stuff got toned down. Dropping heavy ammo, supers, special ammo etc. One could say that it became more 'balanced' as time went on, but it became a little more… boring as a result.

Remember when Destiny PvP had vehicles? :-p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread