More info: (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 31, 2023, 14:51 (179 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The layoff decisions came directly from Bungie management, not Sony. This is not about Sony replacing Bungie employees with their own people.

Many employee benefits (though not health insurance), only last until the end of the month if you're let go. Laying people off on the 30th means a single additional day of coverage.

Many employees had unvested shares as a result of the Sony purchase. These shared would be recieved based on staying with the company for a certain number of years following the sale. But those shares revert to Bungie if you leave, even if you're fired, which is what's happening now to many of those affected.

What a dogshit company. I changed my mind, Claude. There’s literally nothing they could do to get me to reinstall Destiny, not that it was likely anyway.

So… the management is basically stealing from the employees, but in a way that's perfectly legal. Wow. Cool and normal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread