Oh please let this be April Fools Day +10 (Destiny)

by kapowaz, Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 08:32 (3656 days ago) @ Leviathan

Saying someone is deluded because their perspective doesn't fit yours would be an example, I believe, of the inflammatory tone/style that led to your lack of healthy responses here.

I don't agree that's inflammatory — that's just pointing out a simple fact. If you are labouring under the impression that nobody could have predicted this, when in actual fact a number of people thought there were problems and made that clear a long time ago then that's more or less the definition of being deluded.

I don't think there's any need for characterising yours or the wider forum-goer that way though; that's just a means of seeking to appear injured when you weren't the specific target of a remark. I don't think most people here are deluded, although I do think that a lot of DBO regulars have a rose-tinted view of Bungie, based on their favourable experiences in the past, that prevents them seeing harsh truths right in front of them.

In any case, it wasn't my tone that people were responding to in the last thread I participated in before deciding my time was better spent elsewhere — it was a common occurrence of point-by-point fisking, where people seek to appear correct regardless of whether it's important in the bigger picture. In my experience, if you don't like somebody's tone, you seek to avoid them.

Anyway, I don't think this is going anywhere productive, and based on Kermit's reply elsewhere I'm about as unwelcome as ever. Have fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread