There's no antagonist (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 20:50 (3475 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

and destroyed a major source of the Hive's power along with Crota's legendary sword.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

legendary my butt. "The most powerful weapon ever yielded against humanity." give me a break. Worse than nukes? worse than the Vex? Worse than whatever "killed" the traveler? But, weak enough that a lowly guardian that has been dead for Hundreds of years was able to overcome it?

If that sword was the bane of our existence, then we are screwed as a species.

I know the Lord of the Rings comparison, while awesome, can come off like a joke, but in this sense I think it's a really good comparison. I'd argue that the sword was easily dealt with because its master was seemingly gone. They were preparing to bring him back, but luckily we got to the sword and dealt with it, right?

Well, we know that Crota's gonna be back in the next Raid, and for all we know, that nasty sword might come back with him. Maybe we delayed the inevitable? Now we may have to actually defeat Crota AND that sword to put an end to the horror?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread