Aren't they 'events' anyway? (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, December 12, 2014, 12:21 (3454 days ago) @ Korny

The thing is, beyond what's on the disk ("on-disk DLC" whining aside), Bungie doesn't owe you experiences.

When I purchased the game, they said that it included modified daily and weekly missions to provide endgame challenge. The game has only been out for 3 months, and that's already not true.

They're not removing the weekly/Daily/Nightfall

They are, for some periods of time, if you don't have the DLC.

they're offering the people who bought the DLC a chance to get their money's worth.

But in this particular case, there's no reason that this requires restricting content for people who don't have the DLC.

The strikes are still there

On a consistent basis, only in low-level form without modifiers.

the story missions are still there

On a consistent basis, only without (aside from Heroic) modifiers.

ROC is a premium playlist for DLC owners, and why shouldn't Bungie cater to the people who are showing interest in the game by buying content?

I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm just making an observation that strengthens the argument that the way content was introduced (to both DLC and non-DLC users) was seemingly planned to ensure that the non-DLC version would be damaged to get people to buy the DLC. Some content was distributed to everyone; things that would have at least somewhat lessened the damage caused by the new restrictions were kept DLC-only.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread