This DLC policy is absurd and violates business ethics. (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, December 12, 2014, 19:05 (3445 days ago) @ uberfoop

(but combine it other weeks? And then make a third and fourth chair club when the new chair upgrades release so as to cover all 4 permutations? This scales nearly exponentially, people)

Why wouldn't that be a reasonable solution? What would be the problems with giving DLC owners extra choice of mission?

Sorry I guess I addressed this too slightly. Besides my original point of time to implement and prioritizing, which I assume we are not talking about because you quoted this, I'm saying the problem is that the complexity of the solution does not scale well. Today they would need two options some weeks and one for others, if they wanted to simplify on original content weeks. I don't know if they would but I forsee people being upset that paying money lets you do the same things more often with the content they also paid for.

After the next expansion they would need one for OG game only, one for dlc1 only, one for dlc2 only and one for season pass. And the next step after that is even more complicated Because the number of total permutations coins almost exponentially (but not exactly because everyone has original game).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread