Well, no . . . (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 12, 2014, 15:14 (3454 days ago) @ Kermit

Bungie is threading a needle here. Can they continue building such a game, and keep users happy over the long term (and make money)? That last parenthetical brings out the cynics, who assume the worst of the companies involved, and there certainly is reason to distrust the money men. I think Bungie has been pretty responsive to users, but this game isn't quite like anything else, and some experiments within it might fail. I remain hopeful that over time, Destiny will grow into something that exceeds our expectations of it. I've seen glimpses in this DLC that it can.

I don't know. I'm substantially less excited now that I see their plan. It's getting worse as far as I'm concerned. I have to wait for Destiny 2 to see if it gets better, because House of Wolves is going to be more of exactly the same. Nothing short of a radical shift that only a sequel or an expansion can bring about (a REAL expansion, not DLC which we got) can bring this game back on track.

From where I'm standing, Destiny is the laughingstock of game critics, who are mostly mediocre thinkers, and even THEY joke about the grind fest and lack of real things to do.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread