This DLC policy is absurd and violates business ethics. (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, December 12, 2014, 15:21 (3445 days ago) @ Vortech
edited by uberfoop, Friday, December 12, 2014, 15:39

Bungie didn't shrink the game. The game operates the exact same way as before

If I'm closed out of things that I previously was not closed out of, then no, the game absolutely does not operate the exact same way as before. Previously, when I got on, I could hop into a daily, a weekly, or a nightfall. Now I can't. The game has changed.

Casting access restrictions as "it's the EXPERIENCE, not the GAME, that's changed" is cartoonish euphamisery.

(but combine it other weeks? And then make a third and fourth chair club when the new chair upgrades release so as to cover all 4 permutations? This scales nearly exponentially, people)

Why wouldn't that be a reasonable solution? What would be the problems with giving DLC owners extra choice of mission?

You miss chair club, but that does not make the chair damaged.

In this form of the analogy, it does not damage the chair insofar as it is a chair, but if you bought the chair under the pretext that you'd be able to use it at chair club, the overall entity that you purchased (i.e. chair as a ticket to chair club) was damaged.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread