Why should they? (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 27, 2015, 17:55 (3310 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If I had made a large FPS with lots of different activities and great controls you can bet I'd take something like that out. In all your game theories when does standing in one spot and pulling a trigger with no challenge or strategy or story become something good or desirable?

Because let's be honest, doing that for 10 minutes to max out your glimmer is preferable to getting glimmer slowly any other way. It'd rather do that before Iron banner than play strikes and shit.

There really is no fun way to earn significant amounts of glimmer in Destiny.

There once was- At launch, virtually every acolyte in the Heroic version of "The Shrine of Oryx" was a major. I would queue up a black wax idol, play through the mission, and come out about 2000 glimmer richer. Sardok would usually drop another black wax idol, so I'd then do it again. It wasn't PERFECT, but it was way more fun then exclusion zone.

Guess what? Bungie patched it. Apparently all the Heroic acolytes made the mission "Too Hard".

I think you should totally schedule a 6-man glimmer farming expedition in the Fireteam builder next time iron banner rolls around.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread