Time to Kill in PvP and new Weapons in Expansions (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 15:30 (3282 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I definitely understand the concern (this is always a concern in games that have regular balance changes), but they will be aware of how their game will break if they do this. No primary weapon has gotten a lower TTK than the Last Word, and I would be shocked if they ever do give a gun a lower TTK. The most they will do is release other exotic primaries that can compete with the Last Word's TTK (or possibly even nerf the Last Word).

A game like this with constant additions and updates requires nerfs as well as buffs, which they have shown they are willing to do. If at some point in the future any gun type, or even an individual gun, proves to be THE best gun for any scenario then they will, as they've shown, make appropriate balance updates. The most I would be concerned with is there may be a patch or two worth of time where a gun or gun type is overpowered, but with enough outcry they will change it.

Edit: for those curious, exxtrooper from Reddit keeps a great spreadsheet up to date on weapon stats, including theoretical TTKs.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread