On the subject of exotic Handcannon nerfs. (Destiny)

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Sunday, May 03, 2015, 17:26 (3283 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I am baffled as to why it hasn't happened alreay. They nerfed the Suros twice when it was the king weed; the mythoclast received several tweaks before they found a good spot for it. Why have they waited so long on thorn and TLW?

Short answer: Because they probably have MOUNDS of data telling them that - on the whole - Thorn and TLW are not as dominating as some "feel" they are. (and believe me, I definitely feel it often)

Longer...

You can't buy Thorn - it's a b*$%! to get (still haven't myself), so it's not in the same access-category as things you can just get dropped or pick up from Xûr.

Last Word, while quite potent in close encounters, has CRAP range and kicks like a bronco when fired full-auto; i.e. it's not a cinch to land every shot (not saying it's impossible, just not easy).

SUROS and the Vex on the other hand(s), are friggin' LASER BEAMS of easy-peezy death making. They're just not in the same category (literally and otherwise).

User-data has also probably shown that just as HC's began to see more use, players similarly quickly learned how to counter them. As opposed to SUROS, the solution to which was just "use a SUROS".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread