I don't know how I feel about ToO (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 25, 2015, 19:52 (3252 days ago) @ someotherguy

2 quick things: you can still get ToO gear drops just by playing. In the 7 games I played with Ottermack last night, he got 3 drops. So while the winners certainly get the big prize, everyone has a chance to get something.

As for the rest of your feelings, I think it just comes down to whether or not you enjoy something that is truly competitive. That's what real competition is: to be the last one standing. Every athlete who has ever won a gold medal has done so by denying that medal from everyone else. For the people who enjoy that sort of thing, it's very much a part of the appeal.

Now, I totally get why most people don't enjoy that kind of stress in their videogames. I usually don't either. But once in a while, I enjoy the thrill of really testing myself to see just how well I stack up against the rest.

For me, the other thing that makes ToO work is that I find the elimination game mode itself is way more fun than any other Destiny PvP gametype. I love how focused it is, and how it takes emphasis away from heavies and supers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread