What is up with this line of thought? (Destiny)

by Miguel Chavez, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:47 (3260 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Great stuff - I wrote a bunch in reply but my browser choked. Anyway, quicker summary:

I would say "what's up with this" is that on one hand, it means some members of this community are noble and thoughtful, perhaps to a fault. And o the other hand, it caters to crybabies.

To a fault - yes. Though I don't cosider it any serious lapse. Mind you there is no relation between 'I'm a good person and wish folks good things' and "I want to win that prize.' Two completely seperate ideals that can (and do) safely co-exist side by side in most folk's mind.

Yes, that means some people will never, ever see the lighthouse via competitive play. (Perhaps there are other ways to get there in the future).

If in the future means when the game is old and no longer any big deal, sure.

We should all get our Ozymandias moment, in a weird way.

In fact, you are BETTER for getting to see it, and wanting others to see it too, as opposed to being dicks about it (neener neener I are gud u r teh suk).

A corollary - this is why I'll never tea-bag a random person I play against, unless they're being a supreme burrito asshole. But that is very very rare.

Enjoy your reward.

My reward has been playing hundreds of hours both alone and with dear friends, in a game that is spectacularly crafted. Everything else re: this game is a construct I, and only I, am a creator of and can determine how much sway it has over my life. That's it, case-closed.

- m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread