What is up with this line of thought? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 15:00 (3260 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

If it was a normal playlist I'd be all over it.

I was thinking the same thing myself, although I think Bungie's raid-logic might apply here as well. Elimination gametypes can be uber-punishing. Going in to such a playlist with randoms could easily become more frustrating than fun. Perhaps keeping it to a mode that requires a full fireteam is the way to go.

I think my issue comes down to this - having been on the receiving end of a losing spree, it sucks to think that sometimes I'm causing that, because it was awful and demoralising.

Cyber was saying very similar things while we played last night; that it was difficult to enjoy each victory because it was coming at the expense of someone else. We knocked out several teams over the course of our run (4, I think), and every time it happened we all stopped talking. It's like we all got hit by this little pang of guilt, and needed to give a brief moment of respect to each team we eliminated.

Which is quite fascinating, really. Never had a videogame make me feel that way.

Having thought about it, It's the reward that gets me.

If we were just competing for gear and etheric light, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But the Lighthouse area is SO. DAMN. GORGEOUS, and it's really a shame Bungie locked it away behind such a herculean task in a PvP mode.

Everyone should get to experience that place, Skilled or no.

I shake my head sometimes when I'm reading posts here, but this whole thread just about made my head pop out of its socket.

Everyone should get to experience that place, Skilled or no.

No. Emphatic no. It's enough that Bungie has bent itself backwards with this latest patch to satisfy all the folks that are out there with outstretched hands, pleading 'gimme, gimme, gimme.' It's basically raining engrams and coins and dildoes, and now folks are feeling 'guilt' that the one thing Bungie offers to folks that persevere and succeed is denied to folks that do *not* persevere and succeed!??!?!? OMG WHAT THE FUCK?

Do I *really* need to explain why?

- m

p.s. My warlock has not seen this lighthouse place, and he may never see it. C'est la vie.

Ditto.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread