I like fun. I want others to have fun too. (Destiny)

by Miguel Chavez, Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 20:09 (3259 days ago) @ someotherguy

Losing ToO is the opposite of fun. Winning ToO means withholding fun from someone else.

Im going to keep playing ToO because I want to see the Lighthouse. I don't care about the Emblem or the Elemental Primaries, but I want to see The Lighthouse first hand. More than anything, I want that Grimoire card. Im going to get there eventually - If I can go 9-2 with no buffs I can go 7-1 with them. But Im not certain Im going to always have fun along the way, and yes, Im going to feel bad knowing that at least some of the people I beat are going to miss out on a cool place because they're "undeserving".

Course, if Bungie opens the Lighthouse up to tourists (look, but don't touch) on Bungie day or in a later expansion, I'd be sated. I dont need the stuff, I just want the experience (and for others to get to have it too).

Edit: Just seen the above from Rev. I think the competition is the issue for me. Guns and emblems etc. are rewards. I don't mind people not getting rewards if they don't earn them. But an actual, physical space to explore? That's content (to me. Personal opinion, small distinction, YMMV caveat). Don't lock content behind PvP.

Not trying to be an asshole (believe me, Kermit, Louis Wu and others can attest I can be an asshole with very very little effort) but I see now that Bungie could've held off much of the teeth gnashing months ago from their users if they explicitly stated when engrams decrypt, the results are pulled from a pool that all other players at that moment are sharing.

Don't lock content behind PvP.

It is a mistake to tie that statement with ToO. But as it is clear, we shall agree to disagree.

- M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread