MacGyver10's Top 5 (Off-Topic)

by MacGyver10 ⌂, Tennessee, Thursday, August 20, 2015, 13:16 (3192 days ago) @ cheapLEY

In no particular order, my top 5.

Saving Zulf in Bastion

The combination of Zulf's betrayal, rescuing him TWICE and the begrudging respect of the 'bad guys' as you carry Zulf combined with one of the best video game songs of all time make this a top moment for me.

After Giygas in Earthbound

Every RPG that builds to a final boss should let you go back and talk to NPC's you've met through the course of the game, but then again, that only works if the characters you've met are worth re-visiting. Earthbound is arguably one of the best RPG's ever made, and after the final boss is one of my favorite nostalgia trips in entertainment!

Playing Rock Band

I've spent over $1,000 on Rock Band equipment, games and DLC. The memories I've made with roommates and friends are priceless though. Discovering bands/songs I never would have listened to without Rock Band (The Mother Hips, The Slip, etc) just because the fun of Harmonix' charting has been pretty awesome as well.

Stunt Runs and Online in Burnout Paradise

Burnout Paradise is one of my all time favorite games and one of the first I ever "100%" in Xbox achievements. The online part of the game was genius, and driving around in my mirror-paint job Hawker Solo (just like the video I found) never got old!

Anytime as the Rookie on Mombasa Streets

Just started playing through ODST again and I had forgot how lonely, fragile and awesome it feels to walk through those dark streets slinking form dark corner to dark corner. Add to that the incredible soundtrack, and that game was some near perfect Halo!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread