My random list *longish* (Off-Topic)

by Lawnmower172, Friday, August 21, 2015, 13:54 (3192 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm not as diverse, but here goes:

Halo CE: I bought my Xbox to play some sports games originally. I had a choice of bundles at the local store: 3 games and 1 controller, or 2 games and 2 controllers. I took the first because it had three games. After realizing that the sports games were boring and full of glitches, I started playing the games that came with the bundle. Some type of driving game that got boring quickly, then Munch's Oddworld, which was a blast but had limited replay, then some game called Halo.

I started Halo late on a Thursday night. Like, post-Letterman late. I remember forcing myself to save and quit because I had to work the next morning. My hands were trembling from adrenaline. I spent the weekend finishing it and replaying it over and over.

I remember thinking with disappointment as I was finishing AotCR as I thought the story was concluding. Then Jenkins. Holy crap, what a game! The Maw was a complete blast, even if it didn't make any sense whatsoever. The game's play, humor, and music had me hooked.

Beating CE on legendary coop: coop split screen with a buddy. Managing the rocket launcher on the bridges of Two Betrayals. That was some super cereal coordination for two drunks.

Halo 3 The Ark. What can I say? I like tanks :)

Kermit's Coop Nights: the only way I finished the Vidocs prior to Bungie locking the Halo stats. I can haz recon!!!! This was also how I beat H4 on legendary. I don't really like H4's gameplay, and wasn't looking forward to soloing legendary.

Funniest moment in gaming: During a Kermit coop night run of Spartan Ops, I died and kept respawning on Kermit. No problem except he was backed up to a ledge. Things were going a bit sideways for the team (read: Jeff Foxworthy-esqe pandallerium), and I couldn't get Kermit to move. So I respawned, threw a grenade, fell, then died. I remember Kermit even asking where that grenade was coming from. Several respawns later, he finally moved. I couldn't stop laughing. Hopefully, I muted my microphone:)

Tyrant's Mythic guides and High Speed Halo: They opened my eyes to different ways to play Halo.

HBO/DBO: I found the B-net because of HBO. And Tyrants guides, and a much better place to hang around than the B-net. No, I don't get around much. Shut up and get offa mah lawn!

Destiny: beating the raids for the first time. What an awesome feeling! Same goes for Skolas. First time I was on a team that beat Aetheon, I was dead at the end and felt like I'd let the team down. First time I survived Aetheon, I delivered the killing shot. What a rush!

Bioshock: Would you kindly?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread