A fistful of moments. (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 20, 2015, 22:30 (3192 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

The Last Of Us. The End.

Some of you have already mentioned this particular moment of gaming. For me it was the icing, the cherry, and the sugar on top of what was already a masterpiece of video-game history. I know some detractors would argue that TLoU isn't deserving of the praise it's received since the game came out in June of 2013. To you I would say: *blows raspberry*

For everyone else, you may have played the game and loved it as much as I did, or you may have yet to add the title to your personal list of completed games. I cannot urge you enough to play it. It's wonderful.

That said, the ending of this game was the pivotal "make or break" segment to the whole. If they hadn't nailed it here, the game still would have been pretty damn good. But it was this progression of events that made a really good game, into a phenomenal one. I could go on and on about this scene, but I'm not going to. I'll just post the video for you to watch or not watch on your own.

If you care to know, the specific moment I'm talking about is the last bit of dialog and the very last lie of the game. That's what did it for me, that perfect bit of storytelling and the last line of sympathetic character building for the games protagonists. Absolutely perfect.

Completely agree.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread