This week at Bungie, the hunt is on.
Players from around the world have said their final goodbyes to Cayde-6 and are hunting for Uldren Sov and his Barons. They're finding collectibles in the farthest corners of the Reef, and some Guardians have already become notorious in a new season of Crucible.
This launch has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and we're thankful to share it with this community. Everyone at Bungie, High Moon Studios, and Vicarious Visions has been watching as you invade the lawless frontier. We thank you for playing, and for being heroes in the worlds we've built together.
New experiences and secrets have yet to be discovered, and some are still on the way. Season of the Outlaw has just started. The full calendar for year 2 content can be previewed in the roadmap that was released last week. The dust hasn't even begun to settle.
Guardians have made their way to the Tangled Shore, and some of you have already reached the Dreaming City. The pursuit of powerful loot has taken hold, in preparation for new doors to open...
The race for World First is coming up soon. The field just got a little more competitive, with our new friends from Korea joining us on the starting line. This time, there's more than just bragging rights on the line.
When "Last Wish" becomes available, the first fireteam of six to complete the raid will have the opportunity to acquire real-world trophies for each teammate, commemorating their accomplishments. We'll have more details next week, so stay tuned.
If you're enjoying the new music that's come with Forsaken, we've also released the Destiny 2: Forsaken original soundtrack.
Composers Michael Salvatori, Skye Lewin, Rotem Moax and Pieter Schlosser also have a few words for you as you continue your hunt in the Reef, accompanied by the music they've created.
The Destiny 2: Forsaken original soundtrack is now available on the Bungie Store, and includes the Curse of Osiris and Warmind soundtracks. All purchases through November 22, 2018, will also include the Pursuit of Dreams emblem.
With the release of Destiny 2: Forsaken, challenges have become a new avenue for players to acquire powerful rewards.
There are two types of challenges: daily and weekly. Now, these types behave a bit differently when it comes to resets.
Weekly challenges follow the weekly reset each Tuesday at 10 AM PDT.
Daily challenges, on the other hand, offer a unique challenge each day, and they reset every four days. Here are some examples:
Forsaken has landed, and Destiny Player Support is here to make sure your time in the Reef is stable. They've been in the trenches, providing troubleshooting steps for various known issues and passing along information for investigations. Would you like to know more?
This is their report.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 2.0.2
On Tuesday, September 11, Destiny 2 will undergo maintenance to receive Hotfix 2.0.2. For the deployment schedule, please see the times listed below or check out our Server and Update Status help article.
On Tuesday, September 11:
- 9 AM PDT: Hotfix 2.0.2 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions
- 10 AM PDT: Online players who have not installed Hotfix 2.0.2 will be removed to the login screen at the next activity completion
- 2 PM PDT: All remaining online players who have not yet installed Hotfix 2.0.2 will be removed to the login screen to install the patch
For Hotfix 2.0.2 patch notes on September 11, players should keep an eye on our Updates page or follow @Bungie on Twitter for live announcements.
Players wishing to participate in the Bungie Rewards program will need to make sure their Bungie.net profiles meet the following requirements:
- Have their Destiny 2 account linked with their Bungie.net profile
- Have a validated email linked to their Bungie.net profile
- Set their notification options to receive news, updates, promotions, and exclusive content by email
For more information on the exclusive rewards to earn and purchase for your moments and triumphs, please see the Bungie Rewards page. Players who are encountering issues with the program should check this help article.
Forsaken Editions and Incentives
Destiny Player Support is monitoring reports of purchase issues and confusion around the various Forsaken editions, incentives, and other items. Please see below for a brief list of known issues or read our help article here for a more detailed explanation.
- Standalone Forsaken Expansion: We are working with our platform partners to investigate issues that may be preventing players from purchasing the Destiny 2: Forsaken standalone expansion on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more updates as we investigate the issue.
- Digital Deluxe Items: Players will receive the items from the Destiny 2: Forsaken Digital Deluxe Edition after completing the final Forsaken campaign mission and then returning to orbit.
- Cayde's Exotic Stash: Players who pre-order any edition of Destiny 2: Forsaken from participating retailers will be eligible to receive the Cayde's Exotic Stash pre-order bonus. These items can be retrieved from Amanda Holliday in the Tower after you complete the final mission of the Forsaken campaign.
- Forsaken Annual Pass: Players who purchase a Destiny 2: Forsaken edition that includes the Forsaken Annual Pass, or who purchase a standalone Forsaken Annual Pass, will receive 1,000 bonus Silver as part of their purchase. This Silver will be automatically added to their account's Silver balance the first time they log in after purchasing the Forsaken Annual Pass. Players can see their Silver balance and Eververse purchase history from their Bungie.net profiles. Players who encounter issues with Silver purchases should see the Silver and Eververse Guide for more information.
Destiny 2: Forsaken Known Issues
The Player Support team is monitoring, tracking, and investigating a number of issues reported by players in the #Help forums. Here are some of the issues we are tracking:
- Cayde's Will Quest: To receive proper Gambit kill credit for the Aces of Spades quest line, players must defeat an invader five times with a Hand Cannon.
- Traveler's Chosen Sidearm: We are investigating an issue where the Traveler's Chosen Sidearm cannot be dismantled or stored in the vault. Players are encouraged to not retrieve this weapon, as it will remain in their Kinetic weapon slot until a fix is deployed.
- "Limited Edition" Triumph: We are investigating reports of players being unable to claim the "Limited Edition" Triumph.
- Character Boost - Year 1 Adventures and Triumphs: Players who use the character boost may not be able to access Year 1 adventures and won't be able to unlock previous campaign Triumphs on that character.
We keep an updated list of issues we are actively tracking in our Forsaken Known Issues Thread. Players who are encountering an issue that has not yet been included in our Known Issues thread should report to the #Help forums with a description of the issue they are encountering, any known repro steps, and any video or picture evidence they may have of the issue.
Last Saturday (September 1), Gambit was made available to all. It was a blast seeing players take their first footsteps through an invasion portal. Thanks to all who jumped in and took the mode for a spin before launch! That said, let's get to watching some sweet clips. Never forget, DEATH HEALS PRIMEVAL.
Movie of the Week: IT'S A TRAP!
Honorable Mention: Don't Get Comfortable with That Lead
Honorable Mention: Fowl Play
If you'd like a chance to earn the Lens of Fate emblem, make sure to submit your video to the Creations page on Bungie.net and include #MOTW in your title.
A few weeks back, we sent out a thank-you to some of our community artists. To see players bring their Guardians to life through content that's handcrafted is always a pleasure. To further cement our appreciation for these talented Guardians, we've crafted our own gift of gratitude. Starting today, any artists who are featured in the Bungie Blog or through @Bungie on social media will be granted the Artist in Residence emblem.
Thank you all for an amazing launch week, and we'll see you in the wild.