So ... about AC (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 18:15 (3070 days ago) @ Kermit

Just because I've heard good things, I've managed, through sales and used copies, to acquire almost every Assassin's Creed game without spending much money. Haven't played a minute of any of them.

What's worth the time?

Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Black Flag are the only ones worth playing, in my opinion. The very first one was pretty decent at the time, but hasn't aged well. 2 and Brotherhood (which is basically just a full game expansion for 2) basically set the tone for the rest of the series, and the gameplay hasn't really changed at all since then, so they hold up pretty well.

Black Flag is more of the same, but the pirate stuff is so good that it's worth playing for that. Sailing around doing piratey things is just fun, and, in all honesty, that could have been the entire game and I'd have been happier.

I used to love Assassin's Creed, but, as CruelLEGACY said, I feel like they've really forgotten what made AC fun and good.

In all fairness, I haven't played Unity or Syndicate, so I can't speak for those.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread