Matchmaking - they admit it. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 21, 2016, 21:13 (3023 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Matchmaking aside, they also ignored the current "thorn" meta in crucible, as well as the state of snipers, shotguns, and then all of the other guns that aren't The Last Word or Thorn.

Yeah, so, I get the hyperbole as a tool... but geez.

If you look at the last month, Thorn doesn't even make the top 10 list of primary weapons. The last week, it's 7th (with 1.37% of all kills). The last 24 hours, yeah, it's creeping up (to 4th place, with 1.69% of all kills)... but it's still WAY below MIDA. (In fact, Thorn + TLW is STILL below MIDA.)

::shrug::

I see it in 2 or 3 games each night (usually just one player, SOMETIMES 2). It's good - but it's not the monster it used to be.

Really, nothing is (except MAYBE MIDA, and even there I can't be sure it's not just folks jumping on the bandwagon).

And I think that's their goal.

Yeah, the MIDA Multi-Tool got some discussion in that podcast I mentioned in my other post. The stats Bungie had on it showed it to be exactly where they wanted it. A good, all around Scout Rifle that wasn't too weak and wasn't too strong. They agreed that they're seeing it used a lot, but disagreed that it's somehow overpowered. That lead into an interesting discussion on perceived imbalance vs gun popularity vs actual imbalance.

Crucible Radio episodes 27 and 28 were a great, informative listen. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread