Matchmaking - they admit it. (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, January 21, 2016, 22:59 (3022 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Matchmaking aside, they also ignored the current "thorn" meta in crucible, as well as the state of snipers, shotguns, and then all of the other guns that aren't The Last Word or Thorn.

Yeah, so, I get the hyperbole as a tool... but geez.

If you look at the last month, Thorn doesn't even make the top 10 list of primary weapons. The last week, it's 7th (with 1.37% of all kills). The last 24 hours, yeah, it's creeping up (to 4th place, with 1.69% of all kills)... but it's still WAY below MIDA. (In fact, Thorn + TLW is STILL below MIDA.)

::shrug::

I see it in 2 or 3 games each night (usually just one player, SOMETIMES 2). It's good - but it's not the monster it used to be.

Really, nothing is (except MAYBE MIDA, and even there I can't be sure it's not just folks jumping on the bandwagon).

And I think that's their goal.

I hear you, and the numbers don't lie, but they also don't tell the whole tale. The very small pool of players that I get matched with are almost all TLW/snipers. Some (like me) are MIDA/shotgunners. And then there are the super sweating beast mode Thorn / shotgun or Thorn / Her Benevolence players who absolutely mop the floor with us. I'm kind of surprised that TLW isn't the most common gun in the game with MIDA in second, but the fact is that the way matchmaking is right now, I only ever see the same very limited pool of people, so I have no idea what the kinderguardians are using. At least I can watch twitch to see the uber elite players using... TLW and 1kys.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread