The Catch.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 16, 2013, 15:30 (3975 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The question. . . Are you a pessimist or just jaded? I ask because seemingly every single post - Every! Single! Post! Be it made by you or involving you - is just a downer in some way.

So a blonde walks into a bank in the middle of Manhattan, and asks the teller for a loan for 5 grand. The teller asks if she has an account with the bank or any ID, to which the blonde says no. The teller says there's nothing he can do in that case, but the blonde insists so he goes to get the manager.

The manager says what the teller does - unless you have ID or an account, why should we lend you money? The blonde replies that she has a red Ferrari out front that she'll put up as collateral. The manager, intrigued, goes outside to check.

Sure enough, on the curb is a brand new Ferrari, worth over $250,000. The blonde asks if this would work as collateral, and the manager says sure thing.

The teller drives the Ferrari into the lot under the bank, and the blonde walks out with 5 grand after signing the loan terms.

3 weeks later, the blonde comes back in, and pays the loan off completely, with the total running to $5016.00 with the interest. The teller gets the car out from the underground lot, and parks it back on the curb. As the blonde is leaving, the manager stops her to ask her something. See, he ran the plate while she was gone, and it turns out that she and her husband are wealthy business tycoons. He asks her why on earth she'd need a loan for 5 grand, when they are worth billions?

The blonde replies "Where else can I park a Ferrari for 3 weeks in Manhattan for only 16 dollars?"

I have to say - I would love to watch a discussion between you and Veegie. About what? No idea. I just think it would be a very interesting and verbose dichotomy.

. . . and that is my reply. Thank you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread