Confirmed... with a few downsides

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 14:12 (3935 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Yeah it's a real shame about losing the F&F thing, but I think it's just too soon for that feature, at least in my country. The infrastructure is just not in place. The amount of difficulty in establishing an internet connection at my mother's new house has been an eye-opener for how outdated we really are. The sister, for another example, is going to become a poor student very soon with a 360 and unlikely to have a One80 for a few years. I don't really want to share games with many other people.

Give it a few years for faster, better connections where there's never a doubt of being offline and it would be great.

I genuinely believe that Microsoft are right about cloud gaming, I just don't think we're ready yet.

I couldn't agree more. There's a lot about the Xbox One that I predict being the standard in the years to come. However, with the Xbox One's reliance on such functionality, an ordinary or less fortunate consumer's ability to take advantage of it would be hindered greatly.

I regularly ship games to my brother who's serving overseas in Japan. I don't mind buying them for him, but I would have liked to see him have access to it faster. Sharing a game over such long distances would've been amazing. So I'm kinda bummed that functionality won't be included at launch or in the foreseeable future.

Well at the very least - the "no regional restrictions" part will make sending games abit less of a logistic nightmare.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread