Score one for consumer rights.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:06 (3963 days ago) @ Jillybean
edited by ShadowOfTheVoid, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:18

First-sale Doctrine respected! Don't have to ask "permission" on a regular basis to be "allowed" to use your own property! I'm glad MS decided to do the right thing. I will get an XBO now, but I will always remember what they tried to do, and I will always remain vigilant. My doing business with them is contingent on the strength of their products and the strength of their customer service, and I have no qualms in dropping them should they try pulling a similar stunt in the future. I was willing to give up Halo and every other exclusive Xbox IP if it meant not putting money towards an anti-consumer business model, and I'll always be willing to do so in the future.

Still getting a PS4 first. It's $100 cheaper, which is good for me since I have several Wii U games I'll be getting. Also, the PS4 launch window exclusives are marginally more interesting to me. I'd rather play Killzone 4 than Ryse or DR3, and Forza 5 and Driveclub seem about the same. Also, by waiting a few months I'll see if MS keeps their word and doesn't try any funny business. You never know.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread