Its been very interesting reading the reactions online . . .

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 18:25 (3957 days ago) @ Jillybean

In one overall camp there is the expected joy of Xbox changing its "Anti-Consumer" policies that limited where they could use the Xbox One (Regional restrictions - can't play outside format), when they could do that (Online Requirement - can't play if offline), and due to the aforementioned requirements "who" (VIA Personal Conditions - Armed Forces) could use the Xbox One.

Then there is the second group that are saddened that innovation/risk taking is be squashed with familiarity. Who was looking forward to trying a new system, and the advantages it offered.

I for one am glad Microsoft did what they did, but am saddened they had to gut their ideas to do it. I do not mean this as a double standard - if they had gone about this in a far different way they might have been able to make what worked for last gen part of what they wanted to work this coming gen. Example: If I am online I don't need a disk and can play it wherever I log in to my account, If I am offline a disk is required. The best of both worlds.

I suppose that makes too much sense - so I digress, C'est la vie. No doubt the biggest problem is the bad apples that would try to game the system to get a bunch of free games. Fear is what started all this mess, and now it is finish- (Ha!) -ing it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread