Efficiency (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 18, 2016, 17:23 (2970 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Kermit, Friday, March 18, 2016, 17:26

Putting aside the extreme arrogance of presenting HIS participation as of paramount concern to us, his post was identical in tone and intent to a teetotaler who enters a bar to trumpet his moral superiority over the barflies.

Every single thing in that post was completely subjective. It's not enough FOR ME to come back. I'LL pass. Seriously dude. I know tons of people will try it and maybe even LIKE it, and that's fine.

We already know it's subjective. We know it's just your opinion. You misunderstand my criticism.

Right now FOR ME Destiny is a huge waste of time, but that only applies to me. It could very well apply to others, and not apply to just as many more.

There are at least two people here who have asked if I was going to play again soon, so my participation is apparently of concern to at least that many.

That gives me context. Let me rewrite your post when a tiny amount of humility dust spread across it.

Original:

I hope it doesn't disappoint any of the PS4 crew that this is not enough to get me to play again. Let's see:

1. PvE challenges. We've seen what constitutes a challenge courtesy of King's Fall. Pass.
2. New and Updated Gear. So long as the end game system of infusion remains, you'll still be stuck hopelessly trying to ascend the shit you want to actually use. Pass.
3. New Quest and Strike. I'll get to it when the fall update comes. Pass.
4. Increased light and rewards. See #2.
5. Sandox and Crucible updates. Every time they fix one thing they mess up something else. Expecting yet another fusion rifle nerf. Pass.

I am 52 days Destiny sober, and this update is not making it any harder to stay away.

I do eagerly await returning in the fall when everybody, PS4 and Xbox, can play a supposedly substantial update together!

Rewrite:

Recently a few people have asked me if I'll play again soon, and unfortunately, this doesn't look like enough to get me to play again.

1. PvE challenges. I wasn't impressed with the King's Fall challenges, so I'll pass.
2. New and Updated Gear. I don't like current infusion system and how hard it is upgrade the gear I like. Pass.
3. New Quest and Strike. I'll get to it when the fall update comes. No rush. Pass.
4. Increased light and rewards. See #2.
5. Sandox and Crucible updates. To me these updates have always seemed to be a mixed bag. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll pass.

I've not played Destiny for 52 days, and that's okay! So far this update does not entice me, but I do eagerly await returning in the fall when everybody, PS4 and Xbox, can play a substantial update together!

[Note how this post assiduously avoids absolutes, hyperbole, and cynicism, and personal opinions are expressed using the word "I"? ed.]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread