What would you like to see in Destiny 2? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, June 10, 2016, 20:35 (2928 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I'd love to see some of the things others have already suggested (more cloth!!!).

My one big wish for Destiny 2 (which will never ever ever happen) is to see Bungie completely ditch all traces of rank & light level. I started a thread a while back about how I think rank and light level in Destiny do more harm than good, and how the few benefits they do bring could be achieved in other ways. The short version is that I like the idea of having our characters grow in power over time, but I don't think rank & light level need to be a part of the process. I'd like to see a version of Destiny where our characters gain new powers as we play, we acquire new guns and new armor that give us different perks and abilities... but I don't ever want to have to worry about hitting a certain rank in order to equip specific items, or having light levels attached to my gear that confuse everything.

Put another way: Let's say I have 2 legendary hand cannons and I want to compare them. I should be able to look at the specs of each item and instantly know which one will do more damage per hit. That isn't possible with the current system unless the guns I'm comparing are the exact same light level. It also gets confusing between multiple players. I'd like a system where my Mida multitool always does the exact same amount of damage as everyone else's Mida.

Bungie could still add new enemies to the game that have more health than the previous batch, while also adding new weapons that do more damage than the previous weapons. There would still be ways to grow and expand and become more powerful. Just without all the negative aspects of the current system.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread