A lot of changes. (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, June 11, 2016, 03:49 (3030 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

1st, I agree with Cheapley about the way missions and social spaces flow. Instead of always going to orbit to visit the tower, or start a new mission, wouldn't it be great if the Tower were somehow connected to the world we fight in. Imagine a large social space in the last city with shops, NPC's, streets to explore without having to fight enemies. But then when we want to take on a mission, we can simply head out into the world through the gates into the wilderness. We'd obviously still need to go to orbit for planetary travel or for places on earth we'd need to fly into. It would be nice if each planet had a social hub as well.

2nd, guns. I think we need to change the way guns are classified. Instead of common - rare guns having crap stats, what if they had basically the same stats as legendaries, but just fewer perks. A common gun would have 1 perk, uncommon 2, rare 3, legendary 4, and exotic 5. Instead of random perk rolls for the same guns, the perks would always be the same for each gun. Think about how many guns there are in destiny. Even without random perk rolls, there would still be so many guns to choose from. But it would be nice for us to all have the same experience when playing with a named gun. I would never sell any gun other than a rare at the shops/vendors, and you wouldn't need a rank to equip any type of gun. All legendaries would be rewards, or found by exploring and discovering clues to find their chest. Lets say for every X number of dead ghosts you find, the next chest you open will have a specific weapon in it. Chests will be in fixed locations and always have that specific weapon so you will know where to go to get what you want. You could never have more than 1 of any gun but once you unlock it, it would be in the kiosk for you to buy if you decided to delete it. Exotics would be the only weapons with a unique perk only found on that weapon. Weapon light levels would also disappear, as I would try to fix the leveling/damage system (but thats for another time). So any gun from vanilla to the last expansion would always be viable.

3rd, armors. Very similar to what I discussed above. I'd remove class specific armors except for the ones that are Exotics. Their perks could have to be specific to their classes ability though. An armor that gives 2 grenades, or radar while aiming is too generic. It would have to enhance a specific ability for that class/subclass. This would allow any class to be fitted to any look they desire. Who cares if a Titan wants to wear a cape? or a hunter wants to have a bulky blocky armor look? Your class/subclass should only affect your abilities. Armors would follow the same rules as the guns above. Number of perks determine the rarity, and are fixed for a specific names piece. Armors don't have any ratings for defense so rares works just as well as legendaries for protection. I'd also remove int, dis, and str from armor as well.

Finally, light levels/rankings. Fix this system somehow. I'd remove int, dis, str and defense rating from armor, remove attack level from guns, and place them into the list with armor, recovery, and agility for the class/subclass. So when you pick your class/subclass, you'd be given a starting set of stats on the low end of the spectrum. As you reach each new rank you'd be given a point to spend on leveling up each of these categories as you see fit. Eventually when you hit max rank, you'd run out of points and would never be able to max out all the categories. For example, Titans would generally have more armor/defense and less agility starting out. Hunters would be the opposite. Warlocks would probably be somewhere in the middle for those stats. You could create tanks by maxing out armor and defense, but you'd lose out on getting super/abilities as often. Your level in destiny would be your access to activities, your light level would be the number of points you can put toward your specs. These may be the same number or separate numbers depending on the need/design.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread