What would you like to see in Destiny 2? (Destiny)

by BlackstarBSP, Saturday, June 11, 2016, 17:29 (2927 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Ok, read through just about every post in this thread and read lot of good ideas. Here are... a few I had for Destiny 2. ;)

Swap 'Perks' for 'Abilities'
I would like to see the variations from weapons and armor switched to the character/subclass. I don't become a brain surgeon just because I put on a lab coat. If bungie wants me to invest in a character I play, then don't let me lose a skill of reloading faster just because I change my gloves.

Weapons/Armor stats should be fixed/standard
Others have said they would like the specs on guns to be standard, I would agree. Would also say the same should go for armor.

Level up your character, not your gear.
My car does not get magically better the more I drive it; I get better driving it the more I drive it.

Let me pick the scopes
Seems fairly easy to me; let me choose what sites I like on whichever weapon I choose.

Let me pick the colors - Characters, Ships, Weapons, Banners
How about a web page/app on which to make and share our own shaders with other players? Allowing people an outlet to express themselves creatively is a sure fire way to keep them playing. People want to make shaders for, well everything. Don't they have 'paint' in the future?

Stop forcing me back to the 'Tower' every 10 minutes
Feels like I'm commuting more than saving the universe. It's the future; we have space-cell phones.
If I need to 'talk to Petra', she can call me.

Simplify the exchanges/money system
Feels like a need a degree in future economics some times. Maybe set the values of things/items and let me exchange what I have for what I need across the board. You want an economy, fine. Set the values. Then let players exchange everything for anything. That's how money works.

Take out the Vegas slot machine factor
Instead of the 'random' reward system, how about rewards that we can use/exchange for what we need/want? Forcing us to replay over and over and still deny us just desserts is more than a little... frustrating.
As others here have said, 'Random is not fun'. Could not agree more.

Scale encounters/Missions/Strikes/RAIDS for different teams sizes
No one is on the same schedule these days and missing or losing people in the middle of heavy gameplay is no fun. Plus many times the only options I have to play, no one is even around. Be nice to have a more varied range of team player options, including down to just a single player choice, without the mission being completely impossible. Why only 3 or 6? Why not 2 people, 4 or 5 people? Or dare I say, even just solo.

Varied Weather
Enjoying the Destiny lighting and time of day factors that have been incorporated. (Well done Bungie, love it!) Now, having actual weather variations could increase the replay value. (Rain, High wind, Snow, Blizzard, Lightning, Clouds, etc) All these could help make playing levels feel brand new, every time. Walking through the wastes of the Cosmodrome in pitch black night with heavy rain and lightning could be... awesome.

Keep ammo I pick up
Would be nice to be able to save ammo in game. I can use my reserves in game. Why can't I add to those reserves in game as well?

Your ship should be your storage
Have 'being in orbit' be the new 'tower' for managing your gear, weapons and ammo. It would save a lot of time when you just need to do a few things to get ready for the next mission, instead of going to the tower, doing what you need, going back to orbit, and then load the next game. (Some of this can be mitigated by the web/phone apps, but it would be nice to be able to do this without needing third parts applications or devices).

Choose Specific Strikes in Playlist
When you get the same three in a row... yeah. Bungie, let me drive for a while.

Pick your own entry point
When replaying RAIDs, it would be nice to have the option to specifically choose where your party begins. If you've unlocked one or all the levels, it would be convenient to pick outright at the beginning then reloading specific characters or swapping party leads to get to the correct save point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread