Too bad... (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 03:06 (2926 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Maybe this is the UI designer in me coming out... but missions that are re-playable and patrol spaces are different things.

Patrol spaces are as close to the "living world" part as we're going to get right now. It's a place designed to go and explore, rather than built from the ground up as "complete x for y reason". It's a space we should revisit over and over.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be able to go to either space... but really, if the new cosmodrome has much tougher enemies than the old cosmodrome, and more reason for me to go there, I'll go there virtually every time. It says that the old cosmodrome patrol won't get updated in a meaningful way -- I can mostly continue to ignore it like I have been.

I hope it's not this way, but I expect that it will be adding a new destination, that essentially supplants an old destination, but keeping both of them as equal priority in my UI. I think they can do better than that is all I'm pointing out. No need for the place that an individual character most often goes to be the default for a "patrol" space.

There's still a lot we don't know... but on it's face it sounds like a mixed bag for the interface.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread